The marriage of two Mediterranean cuisine come together for the perfect Yule Feast, where east meets west to provide flavors for the senses. Traditional middle eastern dishes vie with old world Italian fare as we submit for your consideration this fine table:
- Tabbouleh – a lemony vegetable – herb salad of finely chopped parsley, with tomato, cucumber, and onion. Traditionally made with cracked bulger, but here served with couscous.
- Ful Mudammas – a garlicy bean mash that has been a staple in traditional middle eastern fare, is hearty and homey.
- Turkey Kibbe Kebobs – spiced ground turkey kebobs with bulger, served with alight, fresh sauce
- Egyptian Spinach and Beef Stew – a spicy stew served over a bed of rice and vermicelli. Traditionally made with lamb or beef, tonight we offer beef.
- Hazelnut Baklava – a nutty, honeyed pastry to finish on a sweet note
- Tomato, Cucumber, and Red Onion Salad – a refreshing vegetable salad dressed in red wine vinegar and olive oil. A light antipasto to get things started.
- Potato Gnucci – a traditional Italian potato dumpling served in a brown butter sauce.
- Italian Meatballs with Pasta – ground beef, lamb and pork, cooked in a marinara gravy, served over pasta.
- Romania – a period dish of chicken with a pomegranate sauce
- Pizzelle – thin anise cookie dough baked on a hot iron provide a savory-sweet finish to the meal
- Mangia! Mangia!