Open Kingdom and Regional Offices
Last updated 7/16/2021
Applications due ASAP: Kingdom Hospitaler Vindheim Minister of Children Southern Regional Minister of Children Applications due 7/31: Kingdom Exchequer Kingdom Webminister Waiver Secretary Armillary Herald Applications due 8/31: Kingdom Earl Marshal Kingdom Equestrian Marshal Vindheim Minister of Arts and Sciences Asterix Herald (Internal Submissions) Central Regional Herald - Eclipse Herald Central Regional Minister of Arts and Sciences Southern Regional Chronicler Applications due 9/30: Social Media Officer Vindheim Exchequer Southern Regional Seneschal Applications due 10/31: Vindheim Earl Marshal
Open Branch Offices
Last updated 7/12/2021
Applications due ASAP: Skorragardr Herald
A. Oversight of Local Branch Chroniclers
A regional deputy’s primary responsibility is to ensure that each and every branch in their region that is
required to produce a newsletter is doing so, and is following the rules. Kingdom Law requires provinces
and baronies to have Chroniclers. While other groups (shires, cantons, strongholds, colleges, guilds and
incipient groups) are not required to have a Chronicler, if they do have one, they fall under their
A regional deputy is required to retain an electronic copy of each local branch newsletter. There is a
Google Drive where these newsletters are to be archived.
In addition, all deputies are required to use the official email accounts for chronicler business.
C. Monitoring of Local Branch Newsletters – Inappropriate Inclusions
The regional deputy must monitor Local newsletters in their region to ensure they do not publish any
material not allowed.
D. Monitoring of Local Branch Newsletters – Required Items
The Regional Deputies monitors Local Branch newsletters in their region to ensure they include the
E. Contacting Local Chroniclers if they do not conform to the guidelines in this document.
Such notification should occur in such a timely fashion as to guarantee that the next newsletter is
correct. The Deputy Officers are also responsible for notifying the Kingdom Chronicler immediately upon
receiving notice of problems that are not easily solved, or problems that could endanger the SCA
or the image of the SCA.
F. Timely Reporting to the Kingdom Chronicler
G. Finally, the Deputy Chronicler is responsible for making sure that the local chroniclers maintain
their membership. When the expiration date is a month away, the regional needs to contact the local
with a reminder to submit the new membership card or the confirmation email. By Kingdom Law any
officer is immediately removed if their membership lapses. There is a Warrant Roster shared with the
Regional Chroniclers that has this information.
This officer is the Designated Representative for the Society Exchequer for
purposes of communication, training, and oversight for an assigned Kingdom.
Requirements to Hold Office
• Must be and remain a paid member of the SCA.
• Must be acceptable to the Board of Directors and Society Exchequer.
Duties of the Kingdom Exchequer
• Oversight of all assets of the Kingdom, which includes both monetary and
• Keep your ledgers updated and current.
• File Kingdom reports monthly.
• Prepare from the first day of the year (and the first day you enter the
office) to fill out the financial reports at the end of the year.
• File report and send payment to Society for NMR monthly.
• Send a copy of the cancelled NMR check to the NMR deputy.
• Manage deputy or branch exchequers giving counsel and training and help
them understand their responsibilities.
• Must be willing to work with people, no matter who they are, and stay out
of personality conflicts.
• Be honest and responsible in your dealings with everyone, including
members of the populace, subordinate and superior officers, and members of
the modern (mundane) world.
• Be transparent.
• Must be willing to learn and follow the policies and procedures for
financial accounting used by the Society and Kingdom.
• Ask for advice and take counsel so you can make informed decisions.
• Help with “forensic accounting” or finding older records so that they may
• Meet and consult with members of the Gulf Wars Financial Committee.
Including attending Gulf Wars or sending a proxy.
• Prepare the annual budget.
• Other duties as necessary for the function of the office.
Recommended Resources for this Office
• Experience with financial and accounting best practices.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Reliable internet access for email, bank account, and QuickBooks.
• Ability to access banks used within the Kingdom, including the bank used
for the Kingdom accounts.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot reports when to assist branch, regional, or
• Willingness to learn QuickBooks.
• Prior exchequer experience is a plus.