The Barony of Northkeep
would like to invite one and all to:
June 26, 2021
Will Rogers Scout Reservation
Site opens at 7am
Site closes at 10pm
Please come and join us for a day of revelry, tournaments, the step-down court of Their Excellencies Beorhtlic and Elisaveta, and the Investiture of the new Baron and Baroness of Northkeep!
His Excellency Don Facon du Pray
(MKA Jon Powell)
A message from the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events.
By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
This language is required to appear on all event notices, flyers, online announcements, and advertisements, as well as being posted in multiple locations at any and all SCA-sponsored functions going forward.
We will have tournaments to decide our new champions in Armored Combat, Rapier, A&S, Bardic, Archery, and Thrown Weapons.
Children’s Activities will cover the following categories: Prowess, Arts & Sciences, and Bardic. Youth Castellan champions will be named for age groups 5-7, 8-12, and 13-17.
We hope to have our Youth Castellan champions decided.
Although event staff and attendees are not allowed to provide food to other attendees, we were able to get a variance for the Kiss My Cook Food Truck to be on site!
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are available:
Disclaimer: The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) and/or Castellan Staff, are not affiliated with Kiss My Cook. Kiss my Cook is an independent food vendor that is providing food at this event.
To assist with social distancing/COVID safety protocols, your cooperation with the following guidelines is appreciated:
- If you are donating items to the auction, please drop them off no later than 8:30 AM, to give us time to tag and create auction sheets for them.
- If you can let us know in advance that would be VERY HELPFUL.
- A **partial** photo gallery of items will be created in the Barony of Northkeep Facebook group:
2021 Castellan Fundraiser Silent Auction/Sale
I am looking into options for an off-Facebook gallery of images but do not have that ready yet. More to follow.
- Auctions OPEN at 9:30 AM. Some items have a BUY IT NOW (BIN) amount listed on the bid sheet and are flagged with a GREEN sticker.
- If the BUY IT NOW is met, the auction for that item is over and payment is due immediately.
- The end times of auctions will be staggered in three rounds throughout the day:
- Noon Items are flagged with a BLUE sticker (the time will be on the auction sheet and on the sticker)
- 3 pm Items are flagged with a YELLOW sticker (the time will be on the auction sheet and on the sticker)
- 5 pm Items are flagged with a RED sticker. (the time will be on the auction sheet and on the sticker)
!!! Please double-check the end date of the items you are interested in !!!
All auctions have a $1.00 minimum bid increment, no fractions of a dollar. Change in coins will not be provided.
If possible, please try to provide exact payment, or via check, rather than needing change, to minimize money handling by the auction staff.
!!! Buyers: Please do not handle / pick up / touch / try on auction items !!!
- Please be as mindful as possible of social distancing.
- Do not camp out in the auction space.
- Do not hover over the auction staff.
- Please wear your mask at all times.
(Doing otherwise will Stress Me Out.)
The Insignia Derby will be held in person at Barony of Northkeep’s Castellan, Saturday, June 26, 2021.
CASTELLAN Insignia Derby Rules:
- Each Entry by an Insignia Artisan must include a minimum of 6 pieces of Insignia to be judged.
- The pieces can be a variety of Insignia for different awards or all the same, it is the Insignia Artisan’s choice.
- Judging will begin at 11 am Saturday.
- This time may be affected by Castellan event scheduling.
- Insignia Artisans can bring their Insignia donations for the Insignia Derby set up of Insignia to be held earlier Saturday Morning.
- If you want to participate but did not get your reservation in time you may have someone enter your Insignia Donations for you and claim your prize for you if you win Populace Favorite.
- The Insignia Derby competition is for Populace Favorite.
- The insignia will be populous judged by placing beans in bowls.
- The bowl with the most beans is the Winner.
- All Insignia entered will be given to the Crown’s Head of Entourage, Sir Vincenti da Murano, to be given out with Award Scrolls.
!!! This will NOT be blind Judging because each piece of Insignia should be labeled !!!
- There are no age restrictions for Insignia Artisan (people who make Insignia for the Derby).
- To be entered the Insignia has to include 6 finished pieces labeled with the Award name.
- Any material cautions (i.e., “Do not get wet” or “made from Nickel”).
- SCA Name and your Local SCA group.
The Insignia Deputy Lady Eva Helena Vettori will provide a small prize for the Winner of the Castellan Insignia Derby.
If you want to learn more about Insignia, please visit https://ansteorra.org/heraldry/orders-and-awards/.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come revel in the beauty and talent of our dancers as they vie to become the next Champion of Middle Eastern Dance!
The rules of Entry for Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Competition:
- Each dancer will perform two pieces.
- The first piece is limited to 5 minutes and can be choreographed or improvised. Please note that documentation is encouraged, but not required.
- This year we will be using ‘canned’ music. Recorded music must be appropriate for the period-style piece that is being performed.
- In the past we have used Bluetooth to connect to the speakers or a direct connection from the dancer’s phone – please plan accordingly.
- The second piece will be an improv piece and danced to an unknown song and/or style of music. The reason for this is a Kingdom Champion has to be able to perform at the need of the Crown. This piece will be limited to 2 to 3 minutes.
The competition will be judged according to the Middle Eastern Dance form found here: https://ansteorra.org/artsandsciences/forms/
Dancers, please sign up here: https://forms.gle/eaFyDn9YpYmgDzWs8