- Anna Brynyarddottir
- Lending Library- Lord Ragnar Kelson of Durham
Welcome to the SCA!
Whether you are new to the SCA, or just to our Barony, this is the place to be! The Office of the Hospitaler (called Chatelaine in some other Kingdoms) is designed to help you find the information you need as you acclimate to the Current Middle Ages. We can assist with many things, including the following:
- Providing information on local combat practices, meetings, activities, and large events.
- Introducing you to local members who would love to teach you whatever it was that caught your eye.
- Loaning you garb (costumes) for your first event.
- Loaning you books to study about arts, sciences, and history of the Middle Ages.
- Answering your “How do I…?” “Where do I…?” “What do I…?”
Find Your Local Group
The Kingdom of Ansteorra provides an easy search tool to locate your local SCA group in our kingdom.
Ready to join us for an event, but you don’t have anything to wear? We have an extensive collection of loaner pieces, in both youth and adult sizes, that you can borrow. Send us an email to inquire about availability.
The Barony of Namron is pleased to offer a Lending Library for the members of its Populace!
How it works:
- Look through the list of titles and find one or two that interest you.
- Email the Hospitaler to check availability and arrange for delivery.
- Requests must be made by the last day of the month for delivery at the following Populace Meeting (which falls on the first Thursday of each month).
- Your book will be delivered for you to enjoy until you return it at the next month’s Populace Meeting!
Please return the books on time so that others may benefit from the library, too.
In the unfortunate event that a book is lost or damaged, we ask that you replace it, either with the same title or with something similar to maintain the diversity of our library topics.
We are sorry, but the library is not open for browsing, as it is held at a private home.
To request a book, or for questions, please email the Hospitaler.
Would you like bring a taste of the Middle Ages to your event, business, or school? We frequently conduct demonstrations, and can adapt them to meet your needs.
Laws, Handbooks, and Policies
Forms and Reporting
Hospitaler Applicant Information
Please review the Hospitaler Reference Guide prior to applying.
Applications may be completed using this online form. The “Position Being Applied For” field must be “Barony of Namron Hospitaler.” Email addresses to receive copies are:
Proof of membership (Family or Sustaining) must be submitted to the Local Seneschal, Northern Regional Hospitaler, and Kingdom Officer Applications Coordinator.
If you are unable to use the online form, a paper version is available for download. The submission requirements are the same.