Whether you wish to become a warranted officer for your local group or a marshal at large, all Youth Armored Combat Marshals, Youth Rapier Marshals, and Ministers of Children must maintain an up to date Society Membership and Society Background check to remain warranted and able to fill those roles and positions. Below are the steps to seeking a youth combat authorization.
Step One: Get Approval
When requesting a Background Check, the applicant should first email a copy of their Membership Card to the relevant Kingdom Officer for approval:
If Seeking MoC: email@example.com
If seeking Youth Armored Combat: firstname.lastname@example.org
If seeking Youth Rapier: email@example.com
You can also apply through one of the regional or principality marshals. Click here to see a list of regionals.
The Kingdom Officer will then submit their information to the Kingdom Seneschal for approval.
Step 2: Begin the Background Check
Once approved the applicant will receive a copy of the Background Check Request Form. Applicants will send this form and a copy of their Driver’s License to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Nataalya Urosevic Background Check Services. Please do not send this form to anyone else.
Step 3: Submit the Approved Background Check
After several weeks, the applicant will receive a letter via USPS that confirms that their background check has been approved. They will then email a copy of the cover letter to the email@example.com.
ONLY SEND THE COVER LETTER and not the full background check results.
Step 4: Complete the Authorization Procedures
Once the background check is on file the authorizing marshal will begin the authorizing process. The Authorizing Marshal is responsible for ensuring that the applicant has read the Society Youth Martial Handbook and has been trained in Ansteorran Practices and Procedures regarding Youth Armored Combat before granting this authorization.
- Contact your local leadership to estimate the need let them know you’d like to become a youth marshal
- Follow Background Check Procedures to acquire a Background Check
- Study of the Society Youth Marshal Handbook, the Ansteorra Marshal’s Handbook and any rules updates.
- Check-in with your Branch Leadership (Seneschal and or B&B) about your progress.
- Contact your Regional Officer to arrange Authorization time and location.
- Take the Youth Armored Combat Marshal Authorization Test online. Or Youth Rapier Combat equivalent.
- Kingdom YAC or YRC Marshal will email your test results to you, and your Regional Officer.
- Log into the database and request authorization as Youth Chivalric Marshal from the Regional Marshal who authorized you and print out your new Fighter Authorization Card.
If youw wish to become a warranted officer at the local, regional or kingdom levels:
- All officer applications now use the online form. Fill out the Officer Application form.
Once you have been selected for the local office:
- Meet with Parents and discuss potential practice times, locations and dates
- Get your official email account from your Seneschal and use it to check in with your Branch Leadership and Regional Officer with Monthly reports.