The Shire of Ffynnon Gath invites one and all to join us as we host
Laurel’s Prize Tourney
Saturday, February 11th, 2023
Bexar Bowling Society
15681 Bexar Bowling
Marion, Texas 78124-6602
Come see the great works that the artists of Ansteorra have been up to during these past long months. Artisans are encouraged to bring their latest works and not be concerned about space. Each artisan will have at least half of an 8′ table for their use and as much floor space as desired. Please let us know if you need more table space or if you wish to bring your own table or other specific needs such as walls or electricity. We are pleased to note that brewing entries are very welcome, though the site is otherwise dry.
- ** We split artisans into 4 “cycles” so we can have them take one session off to walk around **
- 8am – site & gate opens – artisan setup
- 9:30am – opening court/announcements
- Note, we will not be rearranging hall as this is intended to just be welcome & announcements
- 9:45am – (just after court) – brief meeting of laurels to make last minute assignments
- 10am – MoC activities start – 1st activity: “Parchment” making
- 10:30am – 11:30am – first session (Cycle 1 off, 2, 3 & 4 on)
- 11am – MoC activity: “Leather” making
- 11:30am – luncheon opens
- Noon – MoC activities – break for lunch
- 12:30-1:30pm – second session (Cycle 2 off, 1, 3 & 4 on)
- 1pm – gate closes
- 1:30pm – luncheon closes
- 2pm – MoC activity: Weave a coaster
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm – third session (Cycle 3 off, 1, 2 & 4 on)
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm – fourth session (Cycle 4 off, 1, 2 & 3 on)
- 3pm – MoC activity: Assemble journals (using morning creations)
- 4pm –
- laurel circle
- artisans requested to start breaking down displays
- reset hall for court
- MoC activities end
- 5:30pm court (Maybe earlier if possible)
- 6:30-7pm cleanup begins
- 8pm site closes
Additional info may be on the Ffynnon Gath LPT2023 Facebook event: https://fb.me/e/2MtYZpmvl
Artisan Registration: https://forms.gle/GjAoar5mZr51vBXX7
(note, this is NOT the link for those who wish to pre-register for gate and pay via Paypal, that link is below!)
This event is open to Artisans of ALL LEVELS! Laurel’s Prize Tourney (LPT) is Not for Laurel Display, Not a Tourney, and there isn’t a Winning Prize! It’s a day of A&S Geekery – Artisans set up and sit with a “Body of Work” display, and Laurels (and the populace) come around to look at the awesomeness and talk to the artisan about shared interests.
We are happy to be able to have BREWING entries at this venue! (site is otherwise dry) So come share your potables (in moderation) with Brewing Laurels.
In addition, we will have all of the Gulf Wars Artisan Champion entries on display at LPT.
In addition, we are trying something new this year: Laurels who are willing to dive deep into your documentation and assist you by providing extensive feedback on your documentation. This deep review is entirely optional, and you must opt-in for this type of feedback. This offer is for ONE project per artisan. Documentation must be submitted by February 1, 2023 in order to receive this type of feedback.
Artisan Pre-registration will close on February 4, 2023. If you think you want to display, PLEASE sign up! We want to have enough table-space for everyone, and pre-registration helps the Laurels know who is displaying so we can be sure and talk everyone.
For more information, please contact Czina Angielczyka, Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences at kingdom @ moas.ansteorra.org
The Shire of Ffynnon Gath is pleased to offer all attendees a wonderful lunch sideboard included with your event registration.
Event Registration Information:
Adult Event Registration $20
Adult Member Discount Event Registration $15
All children 17 and under Free
Family Max will be three adult registrations
At this time, we will only be able to accept cash and checks at the door. Make checks payable to SCA Inc. Shire of Ffynnon Gath.
PayPal pre-registration: https://tinyurl.com/2023LPT
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21-year or older adult with a signed, notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.
Site opens at 8am and closes at 7:30pm
Directions to site: Marion, TX is located on the East side of San Antonio. Make your best route to I10 exit 593, proceed South 1.5 miles on FM2358, take a left onto Bexar Bowling. Site will be 0.4 miles on the left.
Event Steward: Meistari Haraldr Bassi (Dave Calafrancesco)