The Rapier Marshal organizes the Rapier efforts (light fighting) for the group.
Rapier combat is marshal art where the combatants are fighting a style to simulate historical rapier combat.
Clothing and fighting styles various between the combatants because they are wearing dress for a style of the 16th century fighter. This historical period is about 1500 AD to about 1600 AD.
In this style of combat, combatants use various combinations of offensive and defensive weapons. These weapons are weighted to simulate the actual weight and feel of their real counterpart.
Local tournaments could be formatted so we fight one on one (duello) or groups on groups (melees). We also travel great distances to compete in wars where there could be many on a single side.
The Rapier Marshal responsibilities include:
- Keep things safe by understanding, teaching, and enforcing the rules of Rapier combat
- Running local practices
- Organize local mini-tournaments
- Teaching Rapier combat
- Keeping track of and maintaining the baronial loaner Rapier combat equipment
- Generate an annual budget estimate for this office
- Keeping accurate records of our practices, tournaments, and events
- Reporting to higher the next level (Central Regional) Rapier Marshals
- Reporting the status of Rapier combat to the populace
Tournament and Events
- Setting up and running tournaments at one of our local baronial events or at one of our Canton of Dragonsfire Tor events
- Being the marshal in charge and keep things safe by enforcing the rules of Rapier combat
- Bringing and keep track of the Baronial loaner Rapier combat equipment