Ansteorra COVID Policy – Effective October 14, 2021
Last Updated 10/15/2021
The term “activity” applies to any official gathering hosted by the Kingdom of Ansteorra or a Group within the Kingdom.
General Rules for All In-person Activities
- Ansteorra does not require proof of vaccination or of a negative test result to attend an in-person activity. If a venue/site owner requires vaccine checks, we will abide by site rules.
- There is no limitation on the number of attendees for in-person activities
- All in-person events require a sign-in. We are required to gather modern name and some form of contact (email, phone number, address).
- The following signage must be displayed prominently and preferably in multiple places at all in-person SCA functions: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/052021EventSign.pdf
- Feasts may not be held at this time.
- Outdoor activities are allowed
- Masks are not required at outdoor activities
- Private encampments my set stricter rules for persons within their encampment
Eating and Drinking at Any Activity Type
- Eating and drinking must be done while stationary and should be done while socially distanced
- There are to be no shared drinking vessels provided by the SCA. This would include a water cooler with a spigot where individuals put their mugs or reusable cups to the spigot. Water coolers with single use cups are acceptable.
- Individuals may share food, but this will NOT be SCA sponsored and that must be clearly stated.
- Youth activities are prohibited at this time.
- Youth may still participate at events and activities.
- Take-away children’s activities are allowed.
Rules for Food and Beverage A&S Entries
- Food and beverage entries must pre-register with the coordinator of the A&S/brewing competition.
- The activity coordinator must pre-arrange volunteer judges. Judges must voluntarily consent to sample the items. If no judges are able or willing to judge the item, then it may not be entered into the competition.
- Only the judges may try food or drink during the competition. This may include local landed nobility or royalty if they are part of the judging process. However, food and beverage items are not permitted to be sampled by the populace at large, even for populace choice competitions.
- All food and beverage items must be served in/on single use containers. If a judge needs a second sample, they must use a new plate or cup.
- Only one person may serve food or beverages, limiting the contact of the serving items.
- Distancing should be maintained while unmasked.