Greetings Bryn Gwlad,
Based on recent guidance from the kingdom seneschal and the vote of the populace at business meeting, we are restarting Populace in the Park, or PiP, to coincide with rapier and chivalric practice on Tuesday nights. The first PiP will be June 1st, watch the calendar for official details and please reach out to me with any questions.
We are restarting because the kingdom provided the following guidance for all official local activities. This is not instead of the guidance put out for arts and sciences and martial activities. As a base line, in-person populace meetings may resume without variance starting June 1 PROVIDED the following conditions are met:
1. Meetings must be completely outdoors
2. All participants over the age of 4 must be masked (covering nose & mouth)
3. Social distancing must be maintained
4. No food or beverage may be provided or shared
5. the Seneschal must keep a log of all who attend the meeting
6. (for business meetings) the Seneschal must publish notes of the meeting so that those who do not feel comfortable attending in-person activities are still informed. Publication must be made to the official email list and may also be made to the official Facebook page, Facebook groups, the website, or the newsletter
7. all other event requirements promulgated by the Board of Directors and Society Seneschal are followed.
If you would like to host an official revel or baronial get together please contact me and we can ensure all the requirements will be met and get it on the calendar. For the foreseeable future the barony will continue to hold business meeting virtually. No one wants to talk business while sweating in the Texas heat.
I look forward to seeing everyone back out at events, practices, and revels in the near future!
In joyful service,
Don Orazio d’Assisi
Bryn Gwlad Seneschal