We are photographers of all skill levels cultivating the craft of photography in the context of SCA events and activities. This includes technical skills (cameras, lighting, post-processing, printing), aesthetics and interpersonal skills.
Anyone practicing photography in the SCA context is welcome to participate!
Photography serves a wide range of purposes in the SCA.Maybe Knott
-Documenting crafts, projects, objects and clothing
-Research (such as items in museums)
-Recording SCA History
-Marketing or promoting the SCA
-Creating art with photography as the medium
If you are interested in pursuing any of these goals, we are here to help. Our guild maintains a collaborative, supportive environment. Constructive feedback is a helpful part of getting better as artists. Feedback should be thoughtful, kind, constructive and useful for the person receiving it. If you are unsure, run it by someone you trust or a moderator first.
Photography Guild Principal
|Deputy||Osana van der Linden|
|Contact the Guild||Photographers Guild|
Recent Photographer’s Guild Posts
- Photographer’s Series – #6Assignment 6: take the best 5 images you created and make them even better!This is all about post-processing using tools like Capture One, Photoshop, Lightroom, Camera RAW or whatever tool … Read more Photographers
- Photographers Series – #5Assignment 5: time to use the skills from 1-4. Create 5 great images of your chosen subject in good light! So you have worked on finding good angles and perspectives … Read more Photographers
- Photographer’s Assignment Series – #4Assignment 4: use a reflector. This can be combined with assignment three to further explore window light. Or you can use the light-source from assignment two. Grab something white and … Read more Photographers
- Photographer’s Assignment Series – #3Assignment 3: use a window for light So this is fantastic for people, naturally, but window light is also fantastic for food or almost anything. The relationship of the light … Read more Photographers
- Photographer’s Guild Series – #2Assignment 2: Pick a single subject and a light source. Keep the subject and camera in the same place and move your light source to different places. The light above … Read more Photographers
Upcoming Photography Guild Activities
No events currently scheduled. But, don't worry. We'll add more soon!