Greetings, Bryn Gwlad!
At the business meeting we agreed to move forward with a joint event between Bryn Gwlad and our neighbors to the East, the Shire of Shadowlands. After discussing with the seneschal of Shadowlands I am officially opening the bid period for our fall event, to be held the weekend of November 6th, 2021.
Due to the current guidance from corporate and our plan for a joint event a bid will need to comply with the following:
- Event length and site:
- Event site must be outdoors
- Event must be planned for one day
- Sites that have the ability to be reserved for the entire weekend is a plus in case society guidance allows for a camping event
- Please state whether your event has/allows for the following: camping, ground fires, potable water, any kitchen/cooking infrastructure
- Budgetary concerns
- 100 attendees should be the maximum number of attendees for your budget’s breakeven number (number of attendees at which the event is profitable)
- The following expenses must be included as part of your bid: event site reservation, bathroom rental (on site or port-a-johns), site tokens, water bearing
- The following expenses can be included as part of your bid (list is not exhaustive) prizes, a general sundries fund, additional decorations
- a feast budget and projected cost may be included but cannot be considered as part of the bid/event until the SCA updates event guidance to allow for feasts
- Joint event partnership
- Any co-autocrat partners from both groups (at least one autocrat from each group) are highly encouraged
- Any bid that does not include a member from one of the groups must be willing for a deputy autocrat to be appointed to their event staff from the group who did not have their bid selected
- Theme and scope
- The baronial fall event survey showed that the populace is wanting this event to be focused on fun, socialization, and enjoying the SCA over more serious competition
- The focus of the event should be fun tournaments and classes run by both groups
The Shadowlanders are brainstorming for the event over on their discord channel. If you would like to go join the conversation please remember to introduce yourself and say you are from Bryn Gwlad.
I recommend looking at our resources page to help build your bid, particularly:
outdoor event checklist
event budget sheet
Additionally please ensure your bid is in compliance with the Board of Directors resolution to lift the suspension of in person activities.
Bids are due by June 23rd so they can be reviewed prior to review either at the Bryn Gwlad populace meeting or a separate meeting to be announced. You can submit your bid here or using the link on the Bryn Gwlad home page.
If you have any questions, comments, or would like help knowing where to start on putting together a bid, please contact me and I will make sure to help or find someone who can!
Very excited to start planning!
In joyful service,
Don Orazio d’Assisi
Seneschal, Bryn Gwlad