SCA Arts & Sciences (A&S) are all the crafts, skills, and technologies practiced in the time period and cultures that our studies cover.
SCA participants research, study, and practice these skills and then share them with others. You will see the results in use and on display at our events – the costumes (garb) we wear, the armor used in combat, the scrolls presented in Court, and the recipes used for a feast, just to name a few.
These rules are specifically for local (non-event) A&S classes for SCA participants (not demonstrations for the general public). Other rules may also apply. These only pertain to in-person meetings.
No one is required to attend a class or meeting if they feel uncomfortable. No one should attend a class or meeting if they feel unwell. If anyone is bullied or harassed for their attendance or non-attendance at ANY SCA event, class, meeting, or practice – please report it immediately, because it will NOT be tolerated.
1. Private homes may set stricter rules for persons coming into their home – these meetings will be designated as unofficial non SCA meetings.
2. Official Group Gatherings Can be done in person and advertised as Official SCA functions.
3. Gatherings that fall under this guidance should have a specific A&S focus – not “gab sessions”. Other gatherings are not under the purview of the MoAS – Populace meetings, etc.
4. Masks that cover the mouth and nose are allowed for personal choice and not required. Those wishing to wear masks will not be subject to any repercussions for making this choice !
5. For any group meetings drinks are to be distributed in single serve containers and not shared pourings’. Foods as well need to be limited to single taste and not from an open taste all bowl.
All rules on gathering as well as food and beverage sharing are updated and follow the Kingdoms rules at
- New Minister of A&S (1/12/2023)
- Candlemas 2023: ODIN’S FEAST HALL at CANDLEMAS (1/6/2023)
- Artisan & Crafter For the Month of December (12/15/2022)
- Halberd Minister of Arts & Science accepting Applications (12/2/2022)
- Artisan & Crafter For the Month of November (11/23/2022)
- Artisan & Crafter For the Month of October (10/18/2022)
- Artisan & Crafter For the Month of August (8/15/2022)
- Making items for the N/C B&B bags ? Please click and read (8/10/2022)
- Artisan & Crafter For the Month of July (7/20/2022)
- Artisan & Crafter For the Month of JUNE (6/12/2022)