The Barony of Bryn Gwlad has officers to help guide and protect you as you continue your journey with the Society for Creative Anachronism.
- The Officers Facebook Group (must be an officer or deputy to join) is where planning and asynchronous discussions happen.
- Are you an officer? Do you need to make a blog post? Read the instructions here!
- Don’t know the password to your officer email account? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Baron of Bryn Gwlad||Baroness of Bryn Gwlad|
|Gavin mac Giolla Ruaidh||Wentiliana le Chandeler|
- Special edition: BG at home
your friendly neighborhood chronicler here.
what have you been working on during this time. The halberd will be putting out a special edition which will include:
- Photos of you at home in garb
- projects you have been working on
- songs and poems
- favorite recipes
- mask making
- outreach projects
All the things that have kept your hands in the SCA one way or another. This archival issue will show that though the virus may have us separated; it has not beaten us.
please submit materials to email@example.com. If you need releases you can find them here
- August 2020 Newsletter
The August newsletter has been published. Check it out for baronial updates, announcements, and more!
- Round Table – Saturday, 1 Aug – Link to Sched
Hail and Well Met, dear Populace!
Tomorrow is Kingdom Round Table, the event where we learn about and tend to the administrative side of our Society. The schedule can be found at the link below.
If there isn’t a class you want or need to attend, please consider tuning in to the State of the Kingdom Address at 440pm Central.
kolfinna inn kyrra Ottarsdottir
- DEI – What does that mean?
You’ve probably seen or heard the terms “diversity”, “equity”, and “inclusion” before. We’ve said them a number of times in this blog already. …but what do they actually mean?
What does it mean to “be diverse” or “foster diversity?” Can you have a “diverse person?”
What does it mean to “be inclusive?”
What does it mean to have “equity?” Is equity something you can “have?”
This article from the General Assembly Blog will hopefully help
- demystify the terms
- teach you ways to examine your own understandings of the terms
- give you techniques and tools to recognize diversity, inclusion, equity, or the lack thereof in your own organizations, workplaces, or SCA groups
- demonstrate the interconnections between the three terms