Youth Combat Tournament of Lions (weather permitting), Friday, 1-3 PM.
Organized by Galen of Bristol and protege/squire, HL Alexandra Notte Clare.
Unto the Great and wonderful Kingdom of Ansteorra do We Lochlan IV & Gwen III, King and Queen, send Our warmest greetings.
No doubt you all know that Crown Tournament is but little more than 2 short months away. To that end, these are Our requirements for entry into this most august tournament.
1. We will adhere to Kingdom Law as written without exception.
ANSTEORRAN KINGDOM LAW
Article V : Events
Section 5 : Requirements for Entry into Crown Tournament
A. The Sovereign and Consort may not enter Crown Tournament during their reign.
B. The Kingdom Seneschal or a representative will verify proof of membership at or before Crown
Tournament using a roster of paid members for every entrant and consort.
C. Any competitor in Crown Tournament must make known to the Crown the identity of his or her
D. Consorts may bestow their favor to only a single entrant in Crown Tournament.
E. At the pleasure of the Crown, any person entering Crown Tournament as a fighter or consort must:
1. Be acceptable to the Crown.
2. Be paid members of the SCA with access to the kingdom newsletter.
3. Be of legal age in the state in which he or she resides.
4. Have lived within the boundaries of the kingdom for the previous calendar year.
5. Have served in an administrative office of the SCA, or its equivalent, for at least a total of one
year. **EDIT** See Table – Page 5, Section 1, A, “Kingdom, Regional, & Local Officers”
6. Be able to exhibit a good working knowledge of SCA structure, kingdom structure, the powers
and responsibilities of the Crown, and other major kingdom offices as defined in Corpora and
7. Display a demeanor and appearance suitable to being a Sovereign or Consort.
8. Bear the favor of a person as potential consort.
9. Have sufficient income to support the office of the Crown.
10. Have a means of rapid and regular communication.
11. Have a dependable means of transportation.
12. Give sufficient assurance that he or she will remain in the kingdom for the next nine months.
F. In addition, any person entering Crown Tournament as a combatant must have:
1. At least one year’s fighting experience.
2. A member of the Chivalry who will speak for him or her prior to the Crown Lists.
3. A current fighter authorization.
G. Combatants who are on probation or suspension with the marshallate cannot compete in Crown
Tournament without the express permission of the Crown.
H. Any fighter entering Crown Tournament must swear the following oath in the presence of the Crown
“I do declare my intent to compete in the Crown Tournament of Ansteorra. I do swear that a
gentle person has granted me favor and agreed to rule with me should I win. We do meet all
requirements for assuming the Crown, as set forth in the Laws of Ansteorra. I swear, for myself
and my consort, that should I win the Crown Tournament of Ansteorra, we will rule justly and to
the utmost of our abilities, sparing no effort to fulfill our duties as Crown of Ansteorra. All these
things I do swear by my honor.”
I. Any person entering Crown Tournament who willfully and deliberately falsifies their qualifications
under these laws forfeits their right to participate in that Crown Tournament.
2. We require letters of intent sent to Crown@ansteorra.org no later than Wednesday, January 3rd, no exceptions.
3. We require all entrants to pre-register at http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/crown_tourn…/entrants_add.php by Wednesday, January 3rd, again with no exceptions.
We thank you in advance for your willingness to serve Ansteorra, and We wish you all the best of luck.
Lochlan & Gwen
Rex et Regina Ansteorrae
War of Ages 7: Big Trouble in Little Ffynnon Gath will be held September 22 – September 24 at Nolte Island Recreation Area, FM 466, Sequin, TX 78155!
Classes include: Chinese Brush Painting, Suminagashi Japanese Marbling, Kute Uchi Braiding, Two different Origami classes, and possibly a Furoshiki Class. And not related to A&S is a Fighting class under a tree by the list field.A few of these classes might have material fees, so bring some money just in case.
Other details listed here: