Updates to Ansteorra Law – From the Coronation of Gabriel III and Sonja III
Read below for a message to the Populace of Ansteorra from our Kingdom Seneschal.
These laws were read into the premier court of Gabriel III and Sonja III at Coronation held on January 14, 2023. Please note, the law changes in Article IV, Section 3 (currently Perpetual Events) and Article IV, Section 4 (currently Event Limits) are suspended until further discussions can occur
- Article II, Section 2, Subsection 1, A.3 – removed “the Crown or by” and added “and confirmed by the Crown” at the end
- Article II, Section 3, Subsection 1, A – added “6. All officers are required to maintain confidentiality of privileged information known to the office. Breach of confidentiality is cause to refer the officer to Crown and corresponding superior officer, with notification to Kingdom Seneschal, for immediate removal from office as a just cause, and possible sanctions based on severity.”
- Article II, Corrected “Rights and Duties of the Pers and Nobility” to be a section and renumbered all subsequent sections
- Article II, Section 14 (previous Section 13), Changed wording to read “The royal family consists of those who have served as Sovereign or Consort, or as Principality Sovereign or Consort.”
- Article II, Section 16 (previous Section 15), Subsection 1, A. 3 Added “d. To give feedback on potential Regional officers, who will be responsible for appointing local officers within their lands, prior to appointment”
- Article III, Section 1, Added “C. To know the identity of and have opportunity to give feedback on candidates for local positions within the branch in which they reside.
- Article IV, Section 2, Table in J – Added Protected, Kingdom Gathering, 25%
- Aritcle IV, Section 2, Added “K. Kingdom Gathering is not on a fixed schedule and need not be on the second weekend of the month, but must be announced a minimum of one year in advance and may not be scheduled on a weekend where any other event already exists.
- Article IV, Section 2, Subsection 1, A. 1 changed to Summer and June
- Article IV, Section 2, Subsection 1, A. 2 changed to Winter and January
- Article IV, Section 2, Subsection 1 B. changed to April and October
- Article IV, Section 2, Subsection 2 C. Changed “Kingdom Cut and Thrust Champion” to “Royal Blade”
- Article IV, Section 5, G.4 – Replaced“ Affirm to have served in an administrative office of the SCA, or equivalent, for at least a total of one year, or as King’s or Queen’s Champion.” With “Affirm to have served as a warranted officer of the SCA for at least one year total, or as a warranted officer for effort equivalent to a year.”
- Article IV, Section 5, G. 10 – Changed “Give sufficient assurance that they will remain in the kingdom for the next nine months.” To “Give significant assurance that they will remain in the kingdom throughout the entirety of the following reign.
- Article IV, Section G – Renumbered
- Article VII, Moved Section 7 to 3, Moved Section 3 to 5, Moved Section 8 to 6, Moved Section 5 to 7, Moved Section 6 to 8
As posting throughout approved social media is considered “publication”, these are now in effect.
Regional Vice President of
Texas and Oklahoma
Society for Creative Anachronism