Join Bjornsborg as we welcome our new Baron and Baroness! Investiture will happen in Morning Court. Arts and Sciences enclave, where participants can sit and do various activities during the day. Coordinators for various crafts will be available to help facilitate different activities. We will also be selecting the Bjornsborg Arts And Science champion. Outdoor combat activities will be available. There will be a Rapier tournament to select the Bjornsborg Rapier Champion.
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1005901016800824/?active_tab=about
- *Daylong arts activities inside the hall
- *Chivalric / Rapier / C&T pickup fights and messy arts outside
- *Art and Science Champion selection – details below
- *Rapier Champion selection – details below
- Adult Event registration: $25
- Adult Member discount registration: $20
- Youth 6-17: $5
- Children 5 & Under: Free
- Member discount family max $60/
- Family Max $75
- Site opens at 6 p.m. Friday Feb 25th
- Gate opens at 7 pm Friday Feb 25th
- Site closes at Noon Sunday, Feb 27th
- Primitive Camping is available
- Site map at bottom of page
Saturday, November 26th:
10AM – Morning Court
All activities to follow morning court
5PM – Evening Court
Right now the numbers have trended down enough we feel like we can lower the requirements for masks. Effective immediately we are only requiring masks worn indoors. This means that it is no longer required to have a N95, KN95, or a KF94 mask for indoors. This also means it is no longer required you wear a mask while outdoors. We do still advise you keep a 6’ distance to the best of your abilities.
In addition, we are changing food restrictions. Feasts are allowed at events. However, indoor feasts are limited to only 50 people in the space. Outdoor feasts have no limitations. We are also allowing water coolers to be provided by the event but individual drinking vessels only. This does not at this time change the requirements for food and drink entries in A&S.
Rapier Tournament Format
With events resuming, BJORNSBORG will be holding a tournament to determine Their [Incoming] Ursine Excellencies’ new Rapier Champion! No letters of intent will be required (though I am sure Her Excellency would appreciate them. Below are the tournament details:
- The tournament will be a “challenge tournament”, HOWEVER, a “second” must be used to issue the challenges (a second is fellow companion sent to negotiate / pick fights on your behalf, for those unfamiliar with the term).
- The Seconds will agree upon weapon styles and terms of engagement
- The Second will observe the duel (aka marshal) and report the results back to the list mistress, who may or may not be betting on combatants.
- Fighting will occur in a central location where law enforcement will NOT be present. It is rumored that the Baron and Baroness may often stop on their way to the market to observe the “festivities”
- The top scoring fighters will advance to a final display of skill, at Her Excellencies’ discretion
Arts & Sciences
At our spring event (BEAR II) – Ivarr and Christiana will choose their next Arts and Sciences Champion! There will also be a People’s Choice competition among the entries.
Theme: Bring your best! It’s been a long 2 years – show people what you’ve made The Baronial Colors are Blue and White, for those who are looking for ideas (but it’s not required)Minimal documentation required.
Please contact me if you have questions.
Czina Arts and Sciences Champion Coordinator for BEAR
EVENT SITE LOCATION:
American Legion Post 539
14290 FM 1346
SAINT HEDWIG, TX, 78152
Google Maps Link:
*Subject to change as necessary the day of