The goal of the Arts and Sciences is to grow the depth and breadth of knowledge on our individual subjects.
All entries for Kingdom Arts and Sciences must us a published citation format (APA, MLS, Chicago, etc.). There is no preferred method but if you are in doubt most judges are familiar with MLS, and academic history is now using Chicago Manual of Style
There are also a few sources that will not be allowed in Kingdom Arts and Sciences documentation. Remember, the aim is to use academic or vetted sources in your work. You can use all of these tools to locate the sources that they cite, but always cite from the original source:
- Crowd Sourced Encyclopedias – Wikipedia, etc.
- Any AI – ChatGPT, Google Bard, etc.
- News Aggregators – Buzzfeed, Mashable, Huffington Post, etc.
- Social Media Posts – Reddit, Facebook, Twitter/X, etc.
- Non-Academic Classes – Classes at Wars, Kingdom Colleges, etc.
If you have any questions about these exclusions, or are requesting a particular exception please contact the Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences. An exception request would be, “I took a course from John Snow, at Pennsic. He is a PHD who is an expert in this subject from State University.” Exceptions will be handled on a case basis.