Please keep in mind the mission and core values of the SCA as you judge.
SCA Mission Statement:
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is an international non-profit volunteer educational organization. The SCA is devoted to the research and re-creation of pre-17th century skills, arts, combat, culture, and employing knowledge of world history to enrich the lives of participants through events, demonstrations, and other educational presentations and activities.
In pursuing its mission, the SCA is committed to excellence in its programs, communications, and activities.
SCA Core Values:
- To act in accordance with the chivalric virtues of honor and service in all interactions with SCA members and participants;
- To be a responsible steward of SCA resources;
- To deal fairly with others, and value and respect the worth and dignity of all individuals,
- To practice inclusiveness and respect diversity;
- To promote a safe and respectful environment for all SCA members and participants;
- To act with transparency, fairness, integrity, and honesty;
- To maintain a harassment-free environment in SCA spaces; and,
- To avoid behavior that reflects adversely on the SCA or other SCA members and participants.
Kingdom Judging Forms*
Research Judging Form – 8/2007
Static Entry Judging Form – 2/2022
Performance Judging Form – 8/2007 (retired 2/2022)
Performance Judging Form v2 – 2/2022
Supported Research Judging Form – 01/2022
Middle Eastern Dance Judging Form – 1/2017
Need to better understand how the judging forms are used and what each question means? Watch video De-Mystifying the Judging Sheets in Ansteorra – KC2021 YouTube.
Gulf War Judging Forms
Other Judging Forms
*any other form, not matching the version date above, is obsolete unless otherwise noted.
~ Old form is retired for KAS and will be removed after next KAS
Judging forms from Other Kingdoms
Some of the other Kingdoms have divisions and category specific judging criteria. These can be helpful to those judging for the first time. These are not specific to our kingdom but can provide ideas on what to look for in an entry
Aethelmearc – http://www.aeans.org/
Atlantia – https://moas.atlantia.sca.org/
Artemisia – https://arts.artemisia.sca.org/
Calontir – https://www.calontir.org/a-s-criteria/
Ealdormere – https://www.ealdormere.ca/
Gleann Abhann – http://artsandsciences.gleannabhann.net/
Meridies – https://artsandsciences.meridies.org/wp/
Middle – https://midrealm.org/kmoas/